Finding the right hospital to have a baby
Thoughts from an expecting father: What to inspect when you’re expecting
My wife and I found out a few months ago that we are expecting twins due in July. Of course this set off a chain reaction of excitement and anxiety that has not nearly reached its peak.
Immediately, we started thinking of all the things that would need to be done and considered:
- How would we set up the babies’ room?
- Do we need a bigger car?
- How would the dogs react?
- What do we need and do we really need two of everything?
- Does Nerf make furniture?
- How are we going to afford this?
- How many baby name books should we read?
- Should we find out what we are having?
- When should we announce this on Facebook?
- Is there a cut-off time for ice cream runs to the store?
- Will we be good parents?
What was missing from that initial list and subsequent freak-outs were two important questions:
- Where we should have the babies; and
- What things are important to look for when researching hospitals?
So, I pose this question; what should parents-to-be look for in a hospital when choosing the right place to have their baby?