Vassar Brothers Hospital
Who knew that world-class medicine was available in the mid-Hudson Valley? Driven by clever, unexpected creative messaging that cut through regional media clutter, our repositioning of Vassar Brothers Hospital attracted patients from surrounding areas who previously traveled to major tertiary centers instead. Service line campaigns resulted in rapid growth in several key areas; building trust for their new cardiothoracic surgery program, establishing the cancer program as the preferred provider in the region and successfully introducing the new birthing center before it opened. The work tripled preference shares from 20% to 65% in just three years and was recognized by advertising’s most prestigious awards, including The One Show, Healthcare Advertising Awards and London International Awards.
The ROI from our work with Vassar Brothers touched many service lines:
- Preference share for the brand skyrocketed from 20% to over 65% in three short years
- Cardiothoracic surgery volume exceeded goals in the first year of the new program
- Specialty areas throughout the medical center saw significant increases in volume
- Labor & delivery achieved 100% census within a month of the new wing opening
- Births increased from 1,900 to 2,800 in a single year